Approved Minutes 13 April 2021

Balintore & Hilton Community Council

Minutes of meeting held 13th April 2021 7pm by Zoom


Jenny McCann (JM) Chair

Brian Gallagher (BG) Treasurer

Alastair Gill (AG), Minute secretary                      

May Ross (MR) Community Group Liaison 

Louise Johnston (LJ)

Derek Louden (CC)

Fiona Robertson

Alice Smith (Seaboard Cares)

Maureen Ross Seaboard Hall)

Apologies:      Alistair Rhind, Leighanne Hodgkin 

Item Action
1.Jenny McCann (JM) Chair welcomed everybody to the fourth BHCC Zoom meeting. This is a minuted meeting with minutes available on the BHCC website.  All    
2.Apologies – Alistair Rhind and Leighanne Hodgkin. No formal notification of absence was received.      To Note
3. Previous Minutes – Accepted and agreed.All
4. Matters arising – Funding is now in place for a two year zoom licence. Meeting will not be cut off.   All 
5.Accounts –   Accounts for year 2019 – 2020 have been prepared and certified. Draft accounts are now posted on the BHCC website and are now approved.  Special thanks must go to Veronica Morrison for her help in certifying the accounts.  BG to prepare 2020 – 2021 accounts   BG 
6. Defibrillator Correspondence has been received from the BRDG informing the BHCC that they won’t be able to support the Defib located at the Chemist.  Seaboard Hall have agreed to carry out the necessary weekly / monthly checks on the unit located at the Hall.  BHCC to approach local Business’s for financial support for the upkeep and ongoing maintenance costs for the two defibs.  BHCC to ask the Chemist if they will be happy to carry out the weekly / monthly checks.  A new unit has been sourced from Keiron’s Legacy free of charge. This will replace the Defib at the Chemist. Sangsters Electrical have kindly offered to fit the unit.  Training will be arranged through Lucky2Bhere and Keiron’s Legacy once current CV-19 restrictions allow. Louise has very kindly offered to carry out the checks required once the new defib unit has been installed.  A check sheet to be added to the BHCC website so that all required checks are recorded.  JM will contact the local Press so that a press release can be done to publicise the Defib and its location. Further discussions were held regarding regular updates and information on the locations of all the local defibs.         ALL / JM 
7. Christmas Lights It was noticeable that the Christmas Lights are starting to faulter, with four lights removed by the HC. JM is looking at funding for replacement and additional lights. AG to make a formal application, for further street light adapters, to Helen Ross Ward Manger.  JM to contact Shandwick and Nigg to investigate the possibility of continuing the lights through to Shandwick. This would require funding.   JM / AG     
8. Relocation of recycling facility –   Alternative sites are being sought for the bottle banks currently located at the Harbour. JM to compile a monkey survey so that a public consultation exercise can be completed. This will be sent out through the BHCC newsletter and will be publicised on the Facebook page and website.  One site discussed was at the football pitch area. This is the preferred location of the HC. However, the HC are keen for the members of the community to have a say in its location. Another option would be to leave it where it is. Ideas for other locations kindly welcomed.   All
9.Community Group Update Maureen Ross (Seaboard Hall) updated the meeting on the proposed employment of two Coastal Rangers. A funding application has been made to fund two Rangers who will work 20 hrs each per week, with various duties, patrolling the Seaboard Villages coastal paths and adjacent areas. Electric bikes with trailers will be provided for the Rangers.  A Wellbeing project using media through art is in the development stage and will focus on the wellbeing of the community using various forms of art.  Alice Smith (Seaboard Cares) outlined the challenging times that they have been experiencing through the Pandemic and the work that they have been undertaking throughout. Alice referred to the fantastic support they received from the Seaboard Hall who helped with the Afternoon Tea Boxes. Alice outlined the concerns of isolation being suffered by residents and the support that they are providing to address resident’s needs. They are doing their very best to keep going and help as many people they can.     MR
10AOB Electric Car Charging Points. BHCC to contact regarding information on how to proceed with installing charging points within the BHCC area.  HC Wardens have visited the Balintore housing estate to carry out vehicle checks. Wardens have been given more powers in order to remove uninsured cars and untaxed cars from the public roads and pavements. Fly tipping is being monitored regularly by all with nothing of note reported lately.   
11Condolences –  The BHCC would like to offer their sincere condolences to Her Majesty the Queen on the passing of Prince Philip.  The BHCC would also like to pass on their condolences to the family of Rossi Balfour. Rossi sadly passed away and was laid to rest last week. Rossi was a community stalwart who everyone knew and respected. He will be remembered for his tireless and successful campaign to build and develop the Community Polytunnel Group. The Christmas Lights would not have been successfully put up without his help. He was well known in the community and loved working for the community.     All
10. Meeting closed at 8.10pm Meeting Dates – 1900 Start (unless stated otherwise) Next Meeting will be held on 8th June, this will be the AGM and a general meeting. All
%d bloggers like this: